Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Easy Attendance Goal Tracker for Your Classroom

Hey everyone! I've been getting a lot of questions about my attendance goal tracker that I posted on TPT. I'm sure you've seen something like this or have something similar in place, but if you don't then this is something you can pick up! It's something I made last year when our school started "The Leader in Me" curriculum. It's something simple, yet quite effective. Once I implemented this tracking system our attendance went up dramatically and we earned many rewards! The kids felt good about themselves and loved the system. 

I created letters about a half page in size to spell out the word "LEADERS". Before we started the system, the kids and I came up with possible rewards for meeting our attendance goals. We did things like extra recess, lunch in the classroom, watched a video and had popcorn, extra computer lab time, etc. 

Here's a pic of what it looked like on my wall. I found a skinny spot next to my door. I liked this spot because the kids could easily see it and it was low enough for them to add the letters. One student was in charge of managing the letters and letting me know if we earned letters for that day. They LOVED that of course! 



I also made signs to post outside the classroom for when we met our goal. The kids loved this as well, and I'm sure my administration did too!


If you want a custom order, let me know! You can also grab the one I made here at my TPT store, which I'm having a sale in until tomorrow! Woo hoo! Have a good day y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment