Sunday, March 9, 2014

Centers Sunday #8 {Hello Spring!}




Hello friends! I hope y'all are having a fabulous weekend and if you are on spring break, I hope it's a great one so far!! :) I'm so excited to bring you 3 new centers with a spring theme. I know it's technically still winter but I am SO over winter, I'm sure most of y'all are too. 

Today we have 3 literacy centers: long vowels, sight words and affixes.

For kinder:






For this activity students sort the pictures according to their long vowel sound. They can sort on their desks or in a pocket chart. I've included two recording sheets: one with the word and one with the picture. :) You can pick this file up here.


For first grade:

This is a sight word game where students play in partners. The set of cards includes the Dolch First Grade sight word set and a blank page to add your own words. You can pick this file up here.






For second grade:







Students sort the cards according to whether they have prefixes or suffixes and record. Easy peasy! :) You can pick this file up here.

I hope you find these centers useful in your classroom or at home with your kiddos!! Tomorrow I'm going to post about a REALLY awesome opportunity for teacher bloggers and teachers. Make sure you come back tomorrow to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment