Thursday, March 20, 2014

What I've Been Up To...

Hey friends! It has been an insanely crazy week! I've got a lot going on, here are some snippets from my week:

Jackson and I had fun making his "R" headband for his library playgroup. I love the way he says, "R", it's so cute...like an R sound plus a W sound in one...LOVE. 


I went to Lakeshore to get our big books laminated...ARGH. The laminator ate up my C and D big books...it was sad. But I laminated them twice and they came out ok...just lumpy. :(


Jackson and I worked on the letter D as well. We stuck some dot stickers on the lowercase d. Jackson LOVES stickers and it's really good for his fine motor skills. We are also working on identifying colors. This is REALLY hard for him. I bought him a little color sorting game from Lakeshore. I would ask him, "What color is this?" and hold up a ring. And he would tell me, "O!" Haha! 


I finished the letter D unit in my "I'm Learning My Letters" pack. I also created a review packet to go over letters A-D. They are all apart of the "I'm Learning My Letters" growing bundle. I am trying to get as many units done before baby number two arrives! (I have one month and counting!! Ahhh!!)


I made these "Read It, Stick It, Find It" pages for my nephew Hank. We used stickers to decorate our sight word. I had him trace over it with his finger to get a tactile experience. He loved this and it was great fine motor practice for him! :) I uploaded that unit to my TpT shop this week.


My second graders did the St. Patrick's Day reading passages on Monday. (These passages came from my "Centers Sunday" post from March 16th.) We practiced highlighting our answers from the text. This definitely took some training but it was awesome to see how much it improved their answer choices! I'm going to be working on some more comprehension passages this weekend. 


Also, I want to thank all of you who have been so supportive of the "Team Jackson" fundraiser!! It's going well so far. Make sure you check out the giveaway I'm throwing. If you buy a "Team Jackson" bundle, you can enter to win $40 in gift cards plus my store FOR LIFE!! And it's all in the name of helping a little boy with cancer!! I've had people who are not teachers ask me how they can donate outside of TpT and if you're interested in that, send me an email and I can help you: teachinlittletexans@gmail.com.

Check out the Team Jackson giveaway here. Have a great Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment