Monday, March 24, 2014

Centers Sunday #10 on a Monday!


Hey Y'all! So sorry I didn't get to post these centers yesterday! I was very, very busy. But here I am bringing you "Centers Sunday" on a Monday! :) Yay!!

All of the centers this week have the same format but the skill level changes for K,1, and 2. Each center is a "Spin and Color" or "Spin and Cover" game. You can choose the version you want to use. To play spin and color you will need to copy the black and white recording sheets for each student to have their own game board to color in. For spin and cover, you can print the colored game board on cardstock, laminate and cut out. You'll need 1 game board per player. (You can have kids share a game board and use different colored counters if you want to save on ink and paper and make the game shorter.)

Print out the version you want and kids just need a paperclip for the spinner. The kinder version covers word families: -et, -in, -at, and -an. The first grade version covers -ail, -ake, -eel, and -eat. The second grade version covers vowel diphthongs: oi, oy, ou, and ow. 

You can pick the kinder version up here.







Pick up the first grade version here.





You can pick second grade up here.





 And here is why I was so busy this weekend! I had two surprise mini baby showers! Our second son is due in about three weeks. Our friends threw us a surprise mini shower at their house Saturday and the other Sunday school teachers I work with threw one for me on Sunday! So I was pleasantly surprised with these thoughtful showers and cute gifts!! They even bought some clothes for my 18 month old! So sweet! Look at those matching orange onesies! I have one for Jackson and one for Brandon. So adorable!! :)


I forgot to take a picture of the cookie cake before we started cutting! Oops!!


I also finished Unit E of "I'm Learning My Letters". Here are some pics of the big book.







 Jackson and I used "elbow pasta" to decorate our lowercase e. :)


I made an elephant puppet to use while teaching the letter E to Jackson. 


I also worked with my nephew Hank on -at word family words. I made these puzzles for him and used Elkonin boxes to map out the sounds in each word and match the words to the pictures. This is still hard for him but we are working on it. 


I've been quite a busy bee!! I'm starting on Unit F and Unit G this week. I am hoping to get all units done in the next couple of weeks before Brandon arrives. We'll see if that happens! I would love to have the whole curriculum ready for Jackson and I to use so it's less prep work for me to do in between nursing, tons of laundry and all the other craziness that comes with a new baby!! :) Prayers please!!

Also, the Team Jackson fundraiser is going well! I wanted to let y'all know that I'm extending the Team Jackson giveaway until March 31. I have so many people who are still sharing this, I think it would be more fair to wait and give people more time to enter. Thank you all who have donated to Jackson's fundraiser. If you have no idea what I'm talking about visit my post here.

You view Jackson's fundraiser bundle here.

Have a great week y'all!! Thank you for sharing Team Jackson with your friends, family and fellow teachers! 


2 comments:

  1. These are GREAT!!! I just love your center Sundays... and Congratulations!!!
    Chelsea
    Kickin It Whole Brain In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOO much for the centers. They are WAY cute and I cn use all three for the different levels in my class! Thanks Again, Maria

    ReplyDelete