Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Time to be Thankful Linky Party!


Happy Tuesday! I'm linking up with Bex at Reading and Writing Redhead to share what I'm thankful for. This has been quite a year...a TON of changes: new job, new house, new baby...lots to be thankful for!


I've had ups and downs, like everyone. I'd have to say the thing I am MOST thankful for this year is that while I was diagnosed with an IBD (irritable bowel disease) called ulcerative colitis, I am fortunate in that I don't have to take medicine to control it. I'm about 20 weeks pregnant and I was just diagnosed. I was told at first that medicine might be a necessary step and it was devastating to hear that. I won't even take Tylenol while I'm pregnant, I get that worried about how things affect my baby. So to take a serious medication (even if they say it is "safe") was terrifying to me. I prayed and prayed and fortunately God came through! I can control my symptoms through diet and I am SO thankful for that. It gives me peace of mind that I'm not harming baby number two and that is all I can ask for right now. :)

I'm also VERY thankful for the opportunity to blog and create for TpT and educators worldwide. Being a work at home mom is not easy but it beats being gone 12 hours a day like I was last year. I LOVE teaching, it is truly a passion of mine, but it is so hard to be away from my little one for 12 hours a day, five days a week. I look forward to going back as soon as my youngest is in preschool. But until then it's going to be homeschooling/mommying/teacherpreneuring (is that a word?) at home. I'm loving every second and I am so thankful for the opportunity!!

I want to give a shout out to some new blogging buddies! We will be hosting a huge event soon!! Here's a preview:


This huge event is starting December 1st. You can take a peek at their blogs below:


Ok I'm off to exercise while Jackson naps. Then it's play date time! Have a great afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many things to be grateful for! May the rest of 2013 be full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay we made the list!!! :) Well we're thankful for YOU, Dixie Leigh and we're so proud of the Mama you've become and the great blogger and BFF you continue to be! Keep up the great work, we love you and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete