Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Ideas {Bloghoppin' Linky Party}


Hey friends! I'm linking up with Bloghoppin' today to share some new ideas I found for my classroom. In my last two years teaching, my school adopted the Leader in Me curriculum. I am a HUGE fan of The Leader in Me. I think it's a great way to promote character development in your classroom. If you haven't heard of the Leader in Me, you've got to check it out. It was created by the late Stephen Covey and his son. 

Data notebooks or "leadership" notebooks were a big part of the curriculum. I was on maternity leave when a third grade teacher at my school started playing around with them. I came back and jumped on board with her and started my own data notebooks literally my first day back. And I'm so glad I did!! They turned out to be so fabulous and my kids loved them.

I ended up getting my best teacher friend Hannah in Kinder to do them too. Later that spring I gave a presentation to my school about how we were using them in our classroom. Here are some snapshots of what they looked liked in kinder:










Second Grade:











This is another relatively new idea: Class Dojo. I have an old post about it that you can read here. 



Third Grade:













I have a whole presentation on data notebooks you can read here. I loved using these in my classroom. It made a huge difference for my kids who struggled with motivation. They really took ownership and were proud of their accomplishments. It was great for parents to see at conferences and for me to take to RTI/IEP meetings.

Make sure you head back to Bloghoppin' to read about some more new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment