Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday Linky Party & A Thanksgiving Freebie



Hey friends!! Today is kind of a big deal for me: It's my first time ever to host a linky party!! I'm really excited and a little nervous...eek! November is my favorite month of the year: my birthday, tons of college football and of course Thanksgiving! I find it an easy time of year to teach because the kids are in a routine and  excited (a little overly excited haha) about the upcoming holiday season. As long as I incorporate some fun and seasonal stuff into the curriculum, we are golden! 

This time of year also reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for. I thought it would be nice to spend the next three Thursdays giving thanks for all I have and sharing it with all of y'all. 

Today I'd like to say I'm thankful for my son. Jackson just turned one. He is the love of my life, seriously...I cannot imagine my life without him. I thank God every day that he brought such a handsome, fun, smart and energetic bundle of joy into my life. I am blessed beyond belief to have my baby boy. Yes, at times I want to pull my hair out because I cannot keep up with him!! But that's all part of being a mommy and having a toddler. I wouldn't have it any other way. 


Here's my little ode to Jackson! I cannot believe how much he's grown. *tear*














I'm also thankful for bloggers and blog readers! I made a special Thanksgiving booklet just for y'all. The title of the book is "Giving Thanks" and it's a booklet you can use with kids in first-fourth. It's a simple way to connect Thanksgiving and grammar by having your kids think of three nouns they are thankful for: a person, a place and a thing. I've added flaps on the side because flaps are just fun, aren't they!? 






To put the book together, kids cut out the pages and cut around the tabs. You'll have to model this, especially in first grade. If that's too hard, you can always have them cut off the tabs. You can pick the file up here.

Alright friends, I'd love to hear what you are thankful for! If you're not a blogger, you can leave a comment below. If you are a blogger, link up and share what you're thankful for with us!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of the linky! I am going to add that to the post I am working on:) Thanks for the Thanksgiving book. We are currently reviewing nouns so this will be perfect!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete