Friday, November 22, 2013
Oh BOY! Five for Friday!
Hey everyone!! I hope y'all have had a fabulous week. I'm so excited because it's starting to finally get cool here! Yay!! By cool I mean in the 60s, ha! I'm excited to link up for Five for Friday with Doodlebugs Teaching, I have so much to share!!
1. Sunday I worked with my nephew Hank. We learned about the letter E and reviewed some popcorn words with a fun spin and color game. Remember he's only 2 (almost 3) so his fine motor skills reflect that! We also did a beginning sounds review using a clothespin matching game I found a long time ago at Mrs. Meacham's Classroom Snapshots. I loved using her website when I taught kinder. Here are some pics of him working hard:
You can pick up the elf spin and color page here.
2. I got my first mommy present!! Jackson's mother's day out program made handprint turkey gifts for us. *tear* I've made these gifts with my kinders several times, but now I know how meaningful they are!! I'm so glad I always did stuff like that.
3. I got to go to the Texas game last Saturday! Woo hoo! It stinks we lost, but still so much fun to go. My bestie Hannah also bought me tickets to the Texas vs Texas Tech Thanksgiving game!! I'm so pumped!! The only thing is...I'm about 20 weeks pregnant, and I get REALLY winded yelling and cheering. Hopefully I can stay calm enough to not get dizzy or faint at the game. If you know me, you know I'm a HUGE Texas fan...that might be hard.
4. I finally finished my Holiday Math Centers for K/1! I'm so happy with the way they turned out. I've had several of my K/1 guinea pigs give me positive feedback. You can check them out here.
5. And last but not least...IT'S A BOY!!! We are so thrilled that Jackson is going to have a baby brother this April. I'm sure one day my son will be like, "Thanks for posting this awesome picture of me on your blog mom...not embarrassing at all!" :)
We've told Jackson, he has no clue what being a big brother means. But I'm sure he is going to love baby number 2! :)
My husband seriously would have fainted if it turned out to be a girl. Not that we don't love little girls, but he is just terrified of having one! He's like, "I don't know how to take care of a girl, they are so delicate! What would I do?!" Eventually we would like a girl, but I think Daddy knows it's all over for him if he got one!!
I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!