Thursday, April 18, 2013

Support West, Texas!

Click on the pic to find ways you can help!

Alright y'all...I cannot believe what kind of week it's been. First, Boston. Now, West. For those of you Texans out there, I feel like EVERYONE has visited the Czech Stop on their way to or from Dallas. In college we always stopped in West on the way to the Texas/OU game. The people there were always friendly and welcoming.

I cried and cried when I heard about the tragedy there. I feel so bad for those people who have lost their loved ones, homes and belongings. I have been absent the last two days, I've been sick as a dog, and I pulled up to school this morning and immediately approached my principal about starting a donation drive at our school. I called the Red Cross and I got a hold of two locations taking donations.

The Red Cross told me that they really need bottled water. It's very expensive for us to ship the water, but if you are interested in donating personally, please consider water! We are asking the families at our school to donate clothes, blankets and toiletries. 

Here are the two locations I have been told are taking donations:

Peas and Tots Clothing Store
8506 Oakdale Drive
Waco, Texas 76712

and 

Axtell High School
308 Ottawa Street
Axtell, Texas 76624

Our donation drive goes through Thursday. I hope we can give some joy to our fellow Texans. God Bless Y'all!


1 comment:

  1. We are about 30 miles from West and our little district is getting donations together as well! We heard the explosion and just thought it was rolling thunder...:( I am sure any and all donations are so appreciated!
    Lots of thoughts and prayers!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete