Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bluebonnets!

I found bluebonnets growing in my yard this morning! I LOVE me some Texas bluebonnets. I also found a cute set of Texas style graphics from Melonheadz Illustrating so I was inspired to create some bluebonnet diddys for my kiddos. 

Here's a social studies/science worksheet, easy peasy label the bluebonnet!


We just read The Legend of the Bluebonnet last week. When I asked the kids what the theme was, one of my kids said, "Well, ya know, it's like sometimes you've gotta give, to get."  Pretty profound for a 7 year old I might say!

I created a reading response for recording theme. I left one blank because I'm going to have my kids use this for Daily Five reading responses for other texts. Feel free to grab it and use it! I've included a lined and unlined version. 



Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment: