I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! It's ridiculously crazy how fast time flies, seriously, I cannot believe it's the weekend again! Alright, here we go...
1. This is probably the biggest event that happened this week. I donated my hair to Locks of Love! I've done this 2 other times. I'm fortunate enough to have the kind of hair that grows like a weed...here it is at the hair stylists'. It's wavy because I let it air dry. I can make it super straight just by blow drying it. It's so long that it just got so darn heavy and my son LOVES to pull it!! Ouch!!
Here's all the hair she cut off!
And here's my hair now!! Ahh!!
I am really happy with it. I think it looks nice and fresh! And I love donating it to such a great cause.
2. I found a great Mother's Day Out program for little Jackson. If you follow my blog you know I recently resigned to stay home with my 10 month old. I work online still but that is kind of hard to do with a baby boy crawling/walking everywhere!! So I'm looking forward to him going and socializing for a few hours twice a week and giving me some solid work time!
3. Speaking of my little booger...he also learned how to hold his own sippy cup this week... *Tear* He's growing so fast.
4. I started reading an awesome book about time management. I got so frustrated when the school year ended and I started my "new job" of being a staying at home/teacher-preneur/homemaker and I couldn't do it all! I got so upset because I thought it would be so easy...and well, it's not!!! There's always so much to do and my to do lists just seem to pile up one on the other. So far, this book has really helped me put things into perspective. It's called There's Not Enough Time and Other Lies We Tell Ourselves by Jill Farmer.
I'm not making money off Amazon I promise, it's just a great book! If you struggle with "getting it all done" you should take some time to read it!
5. I met my professional goal for the month! I set a monthly goal to work so many hours and to increase my earnings by 100% and I totally did it!! I'm super proud of that. I'm currently looking for a way to post my monthly goals in a cute way in my new office. My best teacher friend Hannah is coming over to help me brainstorm tomorrow. I'm thinking some kind of corkboard with a frame around it so I can pin papers and take them off...but can you spray paint corkboard??? Hmmm I should go perusing through Pinterest, I'm sure I'll find something. If you are one of those amazing crafty types, send me some idea shoutouts!! ;)