Sunday, February 4, 2018

Centers Sunday! **Free** Valentine's Day Ten Frames for K/1

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Today I would like to share another FREE center for my teacher friends in kinder and first grade. I created a fun, Valentine's day ten frame activity where students can work on combinations of numbers 5-15 using candy hearts (or whatever manipulative you want).



My two older boys J (5) and B (3) had a fun time playing/working in the center and really loved eating the candy hearts afterward. :) Here are some pics of them working hard:




I used red gift bags and taped the numbers to the outside. The kids had to pick a card from the stack in the middle of the table. They built the number by placing a candy heart on each heart picture practicing 1:1 correspondence. Then they counted the total, took off the candy hearts and placed the card in the correct bag.



When they were finished, I had them record. They looked at the first number on their page and grabbed a card out of that bag. Then they recreated that combination of numbers with their hearts before recording it with crayons. My younger one actually didn't record (he's only three), he just placed the hearts to match the picture, which is still really good for him! He was also getting some fine motor practice by moving those little tiny hearts into the ten frame.





My oldest is five years old. He was able to record just fine. He said he couldn't draw the hearts but he would use circles instead.




You can grab this file here. One more thing...I am using my old Instagram account for personal use and I've created a separate one for Teachin' Little Texans. I would LOVE if you would follow me for ideas, fun, and giveaways. You can find me here. Thanks! Have a wonderful Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment