Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kindergarten Math Notebook {Freebie!}

Hi friends! Do you use interactive notebooks in your classroom? Today I have an awesome freebie to get your notebooks off to a great start!



Kindergarten is my absolute favorite grade of all time and I love creating resources for my kinder friends. This year my bestie asked me to create a math interactive notebook for her kinder kids. I told her “OF COURSE!” because I LOVE creating for the little ones. Right now I’m working on a number and operations pack. Luckily (for me) things go slowly in kinder at the beginning so all she needed from me right now was a number of the week set.

I created 4 activities that her kids can use to build a concrete understanding of numbers 1-10 and hit the math standards:

·      Counters on a ten frame
·      Flip flap template with the numeral on top, students record a set of that number under the flap
·      Tracing the numeral
·      A “zoomed in” number line for students to discuss what comes before and after that number

Here’s what it looks like:













So far the kids are doing really well (my friend teachers year round so they are in week 4). I’ll be adding more activities for the notebook soon and you just might see me blog about it! For now, I’m offering numbers 1-10 as an interactive notebook freebie!! (I've included headers with the TEKS and the CCSS!)

 You can pick it up here. Notebooks can be a little scary with kinders but just like many things, start slow, MODEL, MODEL, MODEL and you’ll get there before you know it! Leave me a comment if you plan on using these in your rooms! I LOVE PICTURES!! :)

8 comments:

  1. Model Model Model is soooo right!! I cant wait to use this with what I am doing for Math Journals!! :) Thank you so much!! I will try to remember to link back a picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to use your math journal materials! I'll try to send photos as soon as we get going, which I'm hoping to be next week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am starting today using these in my class and I'll let you know how it works out!! Thanks for the freebie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL resource! Will definetely use it with my Kindergarteners!
    Thanks again!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. I'm just starting interactive notebooks in both math and literacy. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. I teach GAPreK and I'll be using this when we come back from the break. Teaching the #s 1-10 is one of my math indicators and this is just wonderful. I have a group that will just love this activity!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely be using these in my classroom. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete