Sunday, June 1, 2014

I'm Back! *Updates*

Hi everyone!!  Our second baby was born on April 23 and we are just thrilled and blessed to have him with us. His name is Brandon and he is a delightful, sweet and happy baby. These last 6 weeks have been a little bit crazy with 2 under 2. I've forgotten what it's like to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time....oh sleep...how I miss you!!! Brandon still wakes 1-2 times a night and my toddler is up early...so mommy and daddy don't get much time to sleep. Hopefully Brandon will start sleeping for longer stretches because we are all exhausted!

Here is a shot of our little family at the hospital:



Now we have two boys under the age of two! I knew that having two kids under two would be crazy but...OH.MY.WORD. It's not just crazy, it's absolutely INSANE! *A good insane though!*

I've been very fortunate to have my husband home with me on paternity leave. I honestly have no clue how I would have managed without him. Tomorrow Daddy is going back to work though and I'm on my own...pray for me y'all!! :) 

Right now my biggest struggle is finding time for everything: nursing, chasing my toddler around and having preK homeschool time, exercising to get back in shape, creating and finishing products, blogging and keeping up with the housework. I told my husband that if I could go on just 3 hours of sleep a day, I might be able to do it all! Something has to give and at this point it's the housework...maybe I can convince him to get me a maid?? Doesn't that sound AMAZING?! :)

Here are some pics of Brandon at 1 month:




 I caught him smiling but he was also wiggling so the photo is fuzzy:


I feel so blessed that God sent me such a beautiful and loving baby boy!! :)

Alright so back to teaching stuff...

This summer I have a TON of projects lined up for my preK-2nd grade friends. The first thing I'm finishing is my alphabet curriculum for letters N-Z. I need that finished to use with Jackson so that is first on my list. The letter N unit is almost complete and I'll be posting that as a freebie soon, so stay tuned! 

After that huge unit is complete I'll be posting individual packets of the ABC pages, the ABC headbands and the letter hunt pages as separate files. I've had requests to offer those separately for people who don't need the entire curriculum. 

Once those units are posted I'll be finishing my second grade social studies notebook file, then it's first grade science notebook and possibly the pre K TEKS illustrated. Those units are all HUGE undertakings I'm hoping to finish in June. Luckily my mother in law will be coming to take Jackson once a week for Grandma fun days and my bestie Hannah will be coming to play with him as well. That will free up some time for me to work, work, work! I also have tons of freebies planned and milestone give aways coming up so stay tuned for those!

Tomorrow I'll be posting a review of a really cool app called FarFaria. The nice people at FarFaria have offered to give away a free subscription to one of my readers! How cool is that? I'll be posting that give away tomorrow so make sure you come back and check it out! FarFaria is a great app to use in any prek-3rd grade classroom. You can view their website here. We will see you tomorrow! :)





3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, you have such an adorable family! And, how cute is Brandon! I don't know how you are doing two under two right now though. I struggled enough with the one, I can't imagine adding another. It looks like you have a really busy summer planned for yourself! I look forward to meeting you in July and until then, don't beat yourself up if you can't accomplish it all! BTW-a maid sounds lovely! You might want to drop some heavy hints to that hubby of yours! ;)
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Look at that hair!!! He is so precious! I'm so happy for you friend! I hope your supermom powers kicked in today and you survived without the hubs. Enjoy this time with your babies. The projects can wait. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Let me know if you need anything!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet and beautiful baby!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete