Sunday, April 6, 2014

Centers Sunday #12 & A Special Message!


Hey friends!! I hope you had a great weekend. I got to spend my Saturday watching my niece Mia and my son Jackson play all day. It was so much fun. They are 18 months and 15 months old, we had a ton of fun! 

This week I created some geometry themed centers for K,1 and 2. I found some adorable clip art with birds and nest and thought they'd be great for some spring themed fun. 

For kinder I created a flats and solids sort. The kids look at the shape on the eggs and decide if the shape is 2D or 3D and place the shape in the correct nest. There is a recording sheet for kids to complete after they've sorted all cards. You can pick that file up here.









For first grade, I created a sorting fractions center. The students sort the eggs according to whether they are halves or fourths. There is a similar sorting page for students to complete as well. You can pick this file up here.








For second grade I created a center for Common Core math standard 2.G.A.1: identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons and cubes. This center can be used as a "walkabout" where you place the flower cards in different spots around the room. Or you can just place them all in one bag at a math station. Either way, the kids decide which shape is on the flower and record the name of the shape on their page. I've included a little resource poster that has the name of each shape. Kids will need to know that quadrilaterals are any four sided figure. You can pick this file up here.







And now for a special message! I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with my second son named Brandon. He is due April 20th (Easter Sunday!) but he could come any day now. With this in mind, I have no idea if he will come before next Sunday but I will be winding down on blogging and working online in order to get ready for this baby. So basically Centers Sunday will take a break for a while! I'll be taking a little "bloggy maternity leave" to focus on family. I will start Centers Sunday back up this summer with some fun back to school centers to get you ready for next year, so don't worry!! :)

Please let me know if this series of free centers has been helpful to you! I love to hear feedback from my readers. I'll still be blogging and creating for TpT just on a smaller scale until I can get our family adjusted to our new baby boy. Have a great week y'all!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Centers Sunday and look forward to them every week! Enjoy your bloggy break and enjoy Brandon!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to and love them as well. Have an amazing time snuggling with your fam! Congrats and best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered them, so off to see what I missed previously!

    Best wishes to your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the expansion of your family! Thank you for the freebies and enjoy your sweet boys!!
    Elyse :)
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete