Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Heart Teachers Pay Teachers! Don't You?

Hey Y'all! I was sitting here on my laptop getting my lesson plans ready for when I go back after Thanksgiving. I looked at my district's scope and sequence and saw that we will be working on place value and two digit addition. I immediately started scrambling, looking for what I had on place value and what I can get together. Our district uses math Investigations and Envision, some lessons are great but some...well...stink! So many times I find myself creating my own games, lessons and activities like most of y'all out there!

So what did I do? I ran to TPT of course! I LOVE TPT!!! I just can't say it enough. TPT has saved me so many times! Just when I think I have to do a boring activity because I don't have time to get something cuter/more fun together, TPT saves me. I love that all the hard work and creativity of teachers can be shared and that those teachers can profit from them! Of all the professions out there, we are the only one that has to spend money on our job. Well we don't HAVE to but we want to so that we can make things better for our kids. I just absolutely love that teachers can now be paid back and rewarded for their creativity and hard work.

I also love that I can create units for my classroom and share them with other teachers out there! I love that I can do for teachers what they have done for me. I just purchased some place value packets from Cara Carroll and Fourth and Ten. I'm so excited about using them. And I'm so excited I don't have to spend hours upon hours creating my own things when I just don't have the time.

Ok just had to get that out there! I think I also just had an ADD moment, I was in the process of downloading my place value packets and started this blog post. That's ok though, happens to us all!

If you have love for Teachers Pay Teachers please feel free to share it below! :)


1 comment:

  1. I definitely think blogging and TPT have made me a better, more creative teacher!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete