Thursday, September 12, 2013

Second Grade Science Notebooks!

Hey Y'all! I am SO proud to say that I've finally finished a huge file I was working on: second grade science notebooks! I've used science notebooks in my classroom every year since I began teaching. I think they are a huge part of the learning process and I love the way they put a whole year's worth of learning in one place. 

I made a file that targets the Texas science TEKS for second grade. This is something I really wish I had two years ago when I moved to second. I've made goal cards for each individual TEK and several foldables, writing prompts or ideas for investigations to reinforce that TEK. 

Here are some pictures from this 500+ page unit:






























I'm not even going to tell you how long it took me to compile all of this together! I know it's hard for Texas teachers to find engaging activities that meet the Texas standards. I'm hoping this will help them in their search! You can pick the file up here. It's going to be on sale until Sunday evening, so grab it while you can! 

2 comments:

  1. These really look awesome. I just wrote a post asking what exactly is an interactive notebook. When I think of an interactive notebook this is what I think of. If you have any other ideas on interactive notebooks I would love for you to leave me a comment on my post. I really like what I keep reading about on interactive notebooks, just wasn't sure of all that goes into it. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING! I have been at science notebooks all day for my 2nd graders. You definitely put a lot of hard work into this! Its going into my cart! Thanks so much!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete