Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Counting By 10s {Gumball freebie and a super cute video} and a Gluten Free Me?!?


Hi friends! I'm so excited, it finally feels like fall here in Texas. (Although it might be 90 degrees tomorrow...I hope I didn't jinx myself!) I wanted to post a fun way you can teach/practice counting by tens to your little ones. I made a set of gumball machines, each machine has 10 gumballs in it. My friend Hannah used them in her classroom to practice counting by tens. 

Here are some pics of her super, duper cuties practicing:





She even sent me a video of them counting by tens!


Here's a pic of the gumball posters. They are half a page in size. I'd print them on cardstock and laminate before using. You could also print on copy paper, back with construction paper then laminate to make them sturdier. These can be used for a whole group or small group lesson. You can even put them in math stations and have kids put them in order while they count.



The gumball posters are part of my "Counting to 100" pack. You can get the posters for free on my Facebook fan page. They are in the "Facebook Fans Freebie" section. I just uploaded them today, please let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll fix it. But you should be able to download them from a Google Docs account.

On another note...I'm about 18 weeks pregnant now but I've started having stomach troubles. Apparently, the stomach problems are not related to the pregnancy. I'm having a minor procedure done on Friday to figure out what the problem is...kind of nervous about it. But I've done some researching and talked to some people I know who have had similar issues and it seems like going gluten free might be something that could help me. 

So as of yesterday, I'm gluten free. It's crazy how gluten is in EVERYTHING I'm used to eating. But so far, so good. I'm actually in the process of baking my first loaf of gluten free bread as we speak. Anyone out there gluten free too? I'd love some pointers!! 

Ok off to bake and finish dinner! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the dice roll and graph for Thanksgiving. Also I hope you are feeling better! My daughter is gluten free and it is in everything.....she eats lots of veggies and fruit. There are some varieties of bread that are tasty. I love to work with other bloggers on give aways etc. Let me know if you are interested!
    All the best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete